What you should now about Coronavirus / Covid-19 ...
The daily information of all media about the spread and containment of the Coronavirus create still many concerns to most of the travelers. Travel warnings of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have to be considered seriously. As well to us the fiduciary duty is very important.
Voyages within & outside europe are coming back step by step! Furthter details about the current situation of the different routes and types of traveling you will find as follows:
- Sailing Voyages (within the North & South of Europe, the Caribbean and crossing the Atlantic), Antarctic-Expeditions and the Aranui 5 are bookable.
- Freighter Travel: passengers will be accepted not before January 2022. Please let us know if 2022 is still an option for you. We will keep you on the waiting list and will get back to you as soon as your route becomes bookable again.
- The Trans Siberian Railway is cancelled until further notice.
We are working very hard to find the best solutions for you and want to say THANK YOU to all SLOWTRAVEL-clients and our great SLOWTRAVEL-team for their hardworking commitment. We focus on the following aspects:
- The health and security of our clients have top priority for us.
- We are in contact with all cooperative partners daily and we are always up to date concerning your security.
- We will inform you immediately as soon as anything changes concerning your voyage. Please be patient, if an answer may take a little bit longer, than you are used to normally with us as the circumstances in our destinations and home countries are changing daily.
This leads to our major request – to you as our dear loyal clients:
Do not cancel, but alter your booking! With every booking alteration to a later travel date (even if you currently cannot tell when), you are securing existences – you are getting closer to your dream voyage and your well-deserved recreation holiday. A worldwide network of touristic service is a long value-added chain and everyone is invited to keep this chain alive as millions of people are depending on their daily income.
Your payments are protected based on our Surety Insurance in accordance with § 651 BGB (german civil law).
Keep the patience, hope and primarily stay health during this special slowed down time.
With the warmest regards from Berlin & from our Home-Office
Arne Gudde, Christine Thole, Jana Buchholz and Vicky Noack
FAQs – THE 10 MOST FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS OF OUR CLIENTS TO YOUR TRAVEL-SITUATION AND POSSIBILITIES FOR BOOKING ALTERATIONS
1. HOW WILL I GET INFORMED ABOUT MY BOOKED VOYAGE?
We will inform you immediately and unrequested via e-mail and/or telephone, whenever the operability of your voyage is harmed.
2. IN WHICH CASES A BOOKING ALTERATION OF MY VOYAGE IS POSSIBLE?
A free of charge alteration is in all cases possible – as long as the worldwide travel warings of our Ministry of Foreign Affairs are active.
3. WHAT HAPPENS, IF THERE IS NO TRAVEL WARNING, BUT I STILL HAVE CONCERNS?
In case of concerns, please write us an e-mail. For these cases most of the partners adjusted their conditions already and those got more flexible and may offer in reasonable cases an alteration free of charge.
4. HOW IS MY VOYAGE PROTECTED IN CASE OF A BOOKING WITH A GERMAN TOUR OPERATOR?
If you book your travel with SLOWTRAVEL (or another german tour operator) the german travel law will be applied and therefore you receive a comprehensive protection. It offers a high standard of security. Through our Surety Insurance at R&V Versicherungen in accordance with § 651 BGB (german civil law) your payments are protected.
5. WILL I RECEIVE A BOOKING ALTERATION?
Certainly you will receive a booking alteration certificate.
6. WILL I NEED A TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Regardless the current situation a travel cancellation insurance is highly recommended and gives you security – as well in case if something happens to a closed person such as your children or parents. As well we highly suggest to sign up for travel health insurance. In case of a booking of voyage in combination with our CMA CGM a travel health insurance is included already.
7. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN CASE OF A TRAVEL WARNING REGARDING A PARTICULAR REGION?
If the Ministry of Foreign Afairs will announce a travel warning regarding a specific travel region, we will inform you accordingly in order to discuss the situation with you. Depending on your travel dates we are able to offer you a booking alteration free of. In case of a medium-term voyage we will observe the development of situation constantly. A long-term development cannot be estimated currently.
8. WHAT HAPPENS IN CASE OF A TRAVEL BAN OR QURANTINE WITHIN THE DESTINATION?
Many of our destinations are forbidding an entry already or enact a preventative. We will inform you individually about the actual cases.
9. HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF AGAINST AN INFECTION?
In order to protect yourself against the Coronavirus it is highly important to follow strictly the advices of the World Health Organization (WHO): www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public.
10. WHICH FURTHER INFORMATION DO YOU SUGGEST?
For further readings we created a short list of reliable sources as follows:
Federal Foreign Office of Germany(https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en)